The well-being of the animals on our farm is important to us.
As part of our management we consider the requirements (nature) of each species on the farm and have taken care to research what we consider to be the best farming practices for housing, feeding, health care, and slaughter.
As part of our management we focus on:
- Providing animals with high quality pasture forages (perennials and annuals), hay and minerals.
- Rotationally grazing our cattle to improve pasture, soil, and animal health
- Raising pigs and poultry on pasture with suitable winter sheltering. Automated feed and watering.
- Use appropriate genetics for our grazing system with emphasis on overall livestock health
- Allowing our animals access to open spaces year round
- Therapeutic antibiotics used sparingly when this type of veterinary care is necessary. (no sub-therapeutic (low-level) antibiotic use.)
- no synthetic/added growth hormones
- Livestock feed for hens and hogs milled on site from local grains (we do not use Soy or GM oilseeds/corn in our feeds)
If you have any questions about farm ecology, our farming philosophy, management practices and/or animal care please contact us.